Our Board of Directors is comprised of Veterans, Spouses of Veterans and those who have a proven track record of working in Veteran services. Thus, our motto is “Of the Troops, For the Troops.
OUR PROGRAM GOALS
HELPING THOSE WHO SERVED FIRST
The principle goal of the Veterans Accession House Program is to provide transitional housing for working and student veterans experiencing homelessness. And to combine housing with supportive services, to encourage educational fulfillment, and to link their achievement to employment.
Personal Support Services
- Advocacy to Veterans Affairs for services and benefits
- Assist in filing VA Disability claims
- Stabilize residence pending permanent housing
- Supportive Services for Veterans Families (SSVF)
- Housing assistance through HUD-VASH
Care & Services
- Communal housing for up to 24 months
- Individual case management
- Bi-monthly house group meetings
- Resident House Manager