OUR PROGRAM GOALS
serve those who served first
The principle goal of the Veterans Accession House Program is to provide transitional housing for working and student veterans experiencing homelessness. To combine housing with supportive services intended to encourage educational fulfillment, and to link their achievement to employment.
OUR PROGRAM TASKS
Homeless student veterans a safe and healthy living environment.
On-site educational, vocation counseling, and health coaching.
Veterans with public and private agencies to help them gain full access to entitlements they earned from their military service.
With veterans to identify and develop a career track related to their area of study.
eligibility for the vah program
Veterans Accession House is located in the Bay Area of Northern California. In order to be eligible for the VAH program, you must be:
- Currently live within our service area (Northern California); be in or planning to attend school or work.
- Individual male student and / or currently employed veteran.
- Presently enrolled in an Institution of Higher Educational, Vocational Training School, or be Employed or willing to work.
- A Veteran recieving or eligible to recieve services through Veterans Affairs.
- Eligible to recieve VA Housing Assistance.
- A Veteran receiving State, Federal Assistance, or VA Disability Compensation.
- Be assessed as not meeting criteria for acute psychiatric or medical care.
Personal Support Services
- Advocacy to Veterans Affairs for services and benefits.
- Local Peer Support Counseling.
- Independent Life Skill Development
- Health, Education, and Career Planning
care & services
- Individual contribution set at 1/3 of monthly income to cover program operational costs.
- Communal housing for up to 24 months.
- Bi-monthly house group meetings.
- Monthly case management.